Subject: Re: Color Match,n
From: [email-masked] (John Crookshank)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 95 16:46 CDT

On 27-Oct-95 12:11:32, Justin Barrett ([email-masked]) Emailed: 

> On 24 Oct 95, [email-masked] spoke up and said:

St>>         Anyone out there have a good system for color matching
St>>         LightWave
St>> screen renders and the par output.......The colors are way brighter
St>> on the the Par, than on my computer monitor

> It's quite tough, I agree!  One thing you could do (if not done already)
> is to turn on the Chroma Filter setting in the PAR software.  This
> should help some, but it's still important to watch the color settings.

> Just curious...when an "illegal" NTSC signal is generated, what happens?
>  I've heard for so long that color levels and such need to be monitored
> so as not to produce an "illegal" signal, but nobody has ever explained
> what the visible result is when such a signal *is* generated.

Your monitor will explode, and send shards of glass violently around the
room. Then you will get a ticket from the NTSC police for exceeding the
luminance limit.  ;-)

Seriously, though, you get the video version of clipping in some cases, and
if you present your output for broasdcast, it will have to be re-processed
to get the levels down so the station can stay within legal broadcast
limits. They'll probably yell at you, too. ;-)

      ______________________________________________________________
     /     John Crookshank         | Raptor3 DEC Alpha Workstations \
    |  MicroTech Solutions, Inc.   | Lightwave 3D, Toaster/Flyer     |
    | Desktop Video Systems Dealer | JVC Professional Video Products |
    | NewTek Systems Group Dealer  | PVR, Speed Razor, and more.     |
    |------------------------------|---------------------------------|
    |     [email-masked]              http://www.mt-inc.com/       |
     \______________________________________________________________/

--
[email-masked] (John Crookshank) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]